Blueberry Orange Tea Muffins
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbs sugar
- grated rind of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, cream shortening.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Sift flour, baking powder and sugar together.
- Add orange rind.
- To the shortening, gradually add the flour mixture, milk, and orange juice alternately, stirring well after each addition.
- Batter will be stiff.
- Carefully fold in the blueberries.
- Grease muffin tins or add paper muffin cups to a muffin pan.
- fill each cup half full and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until browned.
Recipe courtesy of the North American Blueberry Council