Halibut Tortilla Lasagna
- 1 and 1/2 lbs of Halibut fillets
- 1 (12oz) jar of salsa or home made
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tbs olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 16 corn tortillas
- 3 cups pepper jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the Halibut into 1 inch cubes.
- Heat 2 tbs olive oil in a large saute pan.
- Add the Halibut and garlic and cook until the fish is opaque.
- Remove the fish from the pan and add the remaining 2 tbs of olive oil.
- Add the flour and stir continuously to make a smooth mixture (roux).
- Add the broth a little at a time and stir until thickened.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the half and half, cayenne and salsa a cook until heated through.
- Layer in a baking pan the sauce, tortillas (you may need to cut them to fit the pan), halibut.
- Repeat and top with cheese.
- Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes until the cheese is bubbly.