Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins
- 1 and 1/4 cups of quick or old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Combine the oats, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add milk, egg and oil.
- Mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Do not over mix or muffins will be tough.
- Fold in blueberries.
- In a muffin pan add paper liners and fill 2/3 full with the muffin batter.
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Makes 1 dozen muffins.
Recipe courtesy of the North American Blueberry Council