Southern Creamed Corn
- 6 ears of corn
- 2 tbs of butter
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tsp sugar
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Remove husks and silks form cobs and cut corn off with a sharp knife.
- In a large saute pan, melt butter over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring often until softened. About 5 minutes.
- Add corn, cream and sugar.
- Cook, stirring constantly until mixture is thickened. About 10 to 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.