Avocado with Raspberry Vinegar
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 small head radicchio
- 5 tbs white wine vinegar
- 6 tbs of peanut, or grape seed oil. (any light oil with a neutral flavor)
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
Raspberry vinegar ads a new dimension in flavor to the creamy avocado’s. Serves 4 as an appetizer.
Health Tip: 10 Health Benefits of Avocados
- Put half the raspberries in a small bowl.
- Heat the vinegar until bubbling, then pour over the raspberries.
- Leave for several hours so the flavors can infuse.
- Over a bowl, place the raspberries into a wire mesh strainer, pressing gently to extract the juice, but not the pulp.
- Drizzle in the oils in to the raspberry vinegar slowly while whisking. Season with salt and pepper.
- Halve and pit the avocados and slice artfully place on attractive plates with a few leaves of radicchio and a few of the reserved raspberries
- Pour dressing over, and serve.