Spicy Marinated Chile Mushrooms
- 1 and 1/2 lbs of medium button mushrooms
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp super fine sugar
- 1 Serrano chilie chopped, seeds removed
- 1/2 Habanero chili, chopped, seeds removed
- 1 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Wipe mushrooms with a damp paper towel to remove any dirt and place in a bowl.
- Mix together the oil, lemon juice, garlic, sugar and chilies and herbs.
- Pour over mushrooms and mix well so the mushrooms are evenly coated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for 1 hour before serving.
- Mushrooms may be marinated up to 1 week ahead if desired.