Deep Fried Dessert Burrito
- 4 flour 9 inch flour tortillas
- 1/2 lb of cream cheese, softened
- 4 tbs powdered sugar
- raspberry, strawberries or peaches or a combination
- Whipped cream
- raspberry sauce for dipping
- canola oil for deep frying
- extra powdered sugar for dusting
- Add cream cheese to a bowl and add the sugar. Taste for sweetness. If not sweet enough add more sugar.
- Cut fruit into small chunks, then add to cream cheese and gently mix well.
- To make the raspberry sauce add 1 pint of raspberry with 2 tbs of sugar. Add to a food processor and puree. Taste for sweetness.
- Add several tbs of the cheese and fruit mixture to each flour tortilla, using all of the mixture.
- Roll the tortillas tightly, taking care to fold the ends as to totally seal the roll.
- Add oil to a sauce pan or deep fryer 1/3 full. Heat to 350 degrees.
- When oil is hot add the burritos one at a time and cook for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and allow to cool. Dust with powdered sugar and top with raspberry sauce and whipped cream.