Rum and Raisin Truffles
- 2 oz of raisins, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 6 and 1/2 oz of chocolate coated cookie biscuits, crushed
- 1/3 cup soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup golden syrup (you may substitute corn syrup)
- 1/4 lb pecans, finely ground
- Marinate the raisins in the rum in a small bowl for 1 hour.
- Put the cookie biscuits, sugar, cinnamon and pecans in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the cream, chocolate and golden syrup in a pan over low heat until melted.
- Pour onto the biscuit mixture, add the raisins and rum mixture and stir until well combined.
- Refrigerate until just firm enough to form into balls.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls then roll the balls in ground pecans.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm.