Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 8 slices bacon, crisp fried, crumbled
- 1/2 cup scallions, sliced
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 2/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 6 to 8 tbs sugar
- 2 tbs vinegar
- Break the broccoli and cauliflower into small florets and rinse well.
- Layer the broccoli, cauliflower, raisins, bacon, scallions, pecans and cheese in a large bowl.
- Mix the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Pour over the salad.
- Chill covered overnight and toss just before serving.