Korean Spicy Grilled Pork Steaks
- 1 lb pork loin, cut into 4 steaks
- 2 tbs hot bean paste (available at Asian Markets)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1 inch) piece of ginger, minced
- 1 tbs sugar
- To prepare the meat, combine all the ingredients, except for the pork.
- Score the steaks deeply and spread the paste mixture over both sides of the steaks.
- Allow to stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Oil the grill well.
- Place the steaks on the grill and cook them quickly, using direct heat and turning them often to prevent burning.
- If desired, cut the steaks into thin strips.
- Serve with steamed rice and an assortment of Asian condiments, such as, vinegar dipping sauce, sesame oil or soy sauce.
- May be accompanied by lettuce leaves in which to roll the pork.