Quick and Easy Pickles
- 1 lb of Kirby cucumbers, cleaned and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 and 1/4 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar
- 4 tsp pickling spices
- 2 tbs kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp dry coriander
- 1/2 tsp dried chervil leaves, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 large sprig parsley
- Place sliced cucumbers in a medium size bowl.
- Combine the balance of ingredients in a heavy bottomed sauce pan.
- Partially cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture over cucumbers, mix well and let cool.
- Transfer to a jar and refrigerate overnight, or longer. Pickles will become more tart with more time.