Chilli Shrimp with Shredded Coconut
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 4 lbs large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground chili
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, mix the tomato sauce, garlic, chili, lemon juice, rind, soy sauce and honey.
- Add the shrimp and marinate in the refrigerator covered for 2 hours.
- Drain and reserve the marinade.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the shrimp and and cook until the shrimp turn pink.
- Stir in the marinade and cook for 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Stir in the coconut and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Serve on a platter or on individual small plates with a bed to mixed greens