Butter Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 3 and 1/4 lb roma tomatoes, peeled seeded and chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbs fresh basil
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This sauce is especially delicious used over chicken or fish.
- In a large stock pot, heat the butter and saute the garlic, carrots, onion and celery until tender.
- Add the tomatoes and seasonings.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 3 hours.
- Strain the sauce and return to the pot and continue to simmer to desired thickness.