Wild Mushroom Sherry Sauce
- 2 cups beef gravy
- 1 cup sherry
- 1 and 1/2 cups wild mushrooms
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tbs flour
- In a large sauce pan mix the gravy with the sherry and bring to a boil and reduce by half.
- In a saute pan saute the mushrooms in the butter over high heat.
- Sprinkle with flour, reduce heat and cook for 2 minutes. Stir into the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve over beef or chicken.
- Note: Use shitake, straw, oyster, morels, chanterell’s or porchini mushrooms. You may also substitute chicken gravy for the beef gravy.