Baked Bananas Flambe’
- 4 large bananas, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 4 tbs unsalted butter
- Arrange the bananas in a well-buttered shallow fireproof serving dish.
- Sprinkle with the sugar, lime juice, allspice and half the rum.
- Dot with the butter.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes, basting 2 or 3 times during the cooking.
- At the moment of serving, heat the other half of the rum, pour over the bananas ad set a light.