Caribbean Salt Codfish Salad
- 1/2 lb salt codfish
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 Habanero pepper, seeded and chopped
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs lime juice
- lettuce leaves
- 1 avocado
- Place fish in a bowl and cover with cold water. Allow to soak overnight, changing water several times. Drain and remove any skin and bones. Shred the fish.
- Pour boiling water over the fish.When cool, drain and press out all the water.
- Mix the onion tomatoes and hot pepper with the fish.
- Season with pepper, oil and lime juice.
- Serve on lettuce leaves and garnish with avocado slices.