- 2 lbs conch, cleaned and pounded
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 orange Habanero pepper, seeded and minced very finely
- 1 cup lime juice
- butter lettuce
This is typically prepared in the Bahamas. It’s a bit spicy, but delicious.
- Score and pound the conch to tenderize. cut into 1/2 inch chunks and add to a non- metallic bowl.
- Add lime juice to the bowl to cover. If 1 cup is not enough, add more. Allow to marinate in the lime juice for about 1/2 hour.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well. Season with salt.
- Serve in butter lettuce cups.