Low Calorie Veal Parmigiana
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tbs fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lb thin veal cutlets, cut into 6 serving sized pieces
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 oz slices of par-skim mozzarella cheese
Each serving contains only 181 calories.
- Combine egg, salt and pepper and beat with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese, stirring well.
- Dip veal into egg mixture then dredge in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Saute veal in a large skillet coated with cooking spray until golden brown.
- Transfer veal to a shallow baking dish and pour tomato sauce over. Top with cheese slices.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.