- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
- juice from 2 lemons
- zest from 1 lemon
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and seeded
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is a delicious salad that can be served atop crusty bread, wrapped in tortillas or served atop butter lettuce leaves.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the chicken breasts on a foil covered baking sheet, season them with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the breast are cooked through.
- Allow chicken breasts to cool for at least 30 minutes, then cut them into 1 inch chunks, removing any fat if necessary.
- Add the chicken chunks to a large not metal bowl.
- Peel and seed the avocados then add to the chicken chunks, Squeeze lemon juice over the avocados. Add the lemon zest
- With you hands, crush the avocados and at the same time, mix with the chicken. The avocados should be smooth and well combined with the chicken.
- Taste for seasoning and re-season with salt and pepper.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about 1 hour before serving.
- Serve on crusty bread, tortillas or atop butter lettuce cups.