Chilled Cream of Cucumber Soup
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped (about 1 and 1/2 lbs)
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- kosher salt and white pepper to taste
- 2 tsp arrowroot
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbs chives, chopped
- Place the cucumbers, onion and stock into a sauce pan and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Cool then place soup in a blender or food processor and process until smooth
- Strain the soup and return to the sauce pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the arrowroot with 1 tbs of water and stir into the soup,
- Simmer until lightly thickened, but do not boil.
- Stir the cream, cover and chill completely.
- To serve, garnish with chives.