Cream of Crab Soup
- 1 lb crab meat
- 6 tbs butter
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and cut into a 1/2 inch dice
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tbs dry mustard
- 4 tbs flour
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 4 cups half and half
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbs dry sherry
- 1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- Pick over crab meat to remove any pieces of shell.
- In a 3 qt sauce pan, melt butter, then add potatoes, onion, Old Bay and mustard.
- Cook over low heat until tender, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add flour, salt and pepper, blending well.
- Gradually add the half and half and the milk.
- Return to the stove and cook at low heat until, thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Add crab meat and continue to cook for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in sherry and parsley just before serving.