Indian Cucumber Mango Raita
- 1/2 large cucumber
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded
- 1 cup diced mango
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
In the Indian cuisine, Raita is typically used as a side dish to cool down spicy dishes seasoned with hot peppers and garlic.
- Wash the cucumber and shred, using a hand held shredder.
- Chop the jalapeno into small pieces.
- Puree the mango and jalapeno in a food processor.
- Place the yogurt into a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add the puree and remaining ingredients and mix completely.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve with spicy meat dishes or alone as a dip for raw vegetables and pita chips.