- 2 bunches of young kale, ribs removed
- 1 bulb of fennel, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 lb Parmesan cheese, shaved into slivers
- 1 shallot, minced
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
Kale is typically cooked, however it can be used in a crisp delicious super healthy salad.
- For the dressing, combine the shallot, lemon juice and vinegar in a non metal bowl.
- Gradually whisk in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For the salad, remove the ribs from the kale and cut the kale into thin strips and add to a large bowl.
- Add the fennel, radishes, jalapenos and scallions.
- 5 minutes before serving add the dressing and toss.
- Top with the Parmesan slivers.