- 2 (5oz) cans of solid white tuna
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup scallions, minced
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- olive oil for frying
Canned tuna is packed with protein, provides omega 3’s and is an easy ingredient to keep on hand. These patties are perfect served as sandwiches on buns with lettuce, tomatoes and mayonnaise.
- In a bowl mix together all ingredients except for the olive oil. Mix well.
- Form into 4 patties, then refrigerate covered for 15-30 minutes.
- Add some olive to a non stick frying pan and using medium heat, fry patties until golden brown on each side. About 3-4 minutes per side.
- Patties can be served as is or on buns with lettuce, tomatoes and mayonnaise.