Indonesian Peanut Salad
- 6 cups of any of the following; Shredded cabbage, cucumber strips, carrot strips, sliced cooked beets, tomato wedges, green pepper strips, melon chunks, pineapple chunks, avocado slices dipped in lemon juice, hard cooked egg wedges.
- Peanut sauce dressing (see below)
- Peanut Sauce:
- 1/2 cup shelled roasted peanuts, ground or finely chopped
- 2 tbs molasses
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch of dried red peppers
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbs peanut oil
- Arrange a selection of the fruits and vegetables, and egg wedges attractively on a large platter.
- Pass the peanut sauce separately with the salad.
- In a small saucepan, combine peanuts, molasses, soy sauce, garlic, red peppers, lemon juice and water.
- Simmer gently for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and beat in the peanut oil.
- Chill before serving.