Jamaican Escabeche of Crab
- 2 lbs of jumbo lump crab meat or King or snow crab cut into large chunks
- 1 and 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, cut into julienne
- 1 rib celery sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbs kosher salt
- 8 large peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbs Fresh parsley chopped
- butter lettuce cups for serving
- Add all ingredients to a large saucepan, except for the crab and parsley.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Add the crab meat and gently mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.
- Can be served in butter lettuce cups garnish with parsley.