- 1 lb of lamb sweetbreads
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- Milk to cover
- 1 cup rice flour
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Soak the sweetbreads in milk for about 1 hour.
- Add the sweetbreads to a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Add the onion and garlic and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer the sweetbreads for 18-20 minutes.
- Drain the sweet breads and allow to cool slightly. Carefully remove the membrane from each sweetbread and allow to cool further.
- Season the sweetbreads with salt and pepper, then dredge in rice flour.
- In a large saucepan or deep fryer, fill 1/3 full with oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- Once oil is hot, fry the sweetbreads in batches until golden and crispy. About 6-5 minutes.
- Serve using toothpicks and dipping sauces of your choice.