Strawberry Ginger Ice
- 2 and 1/4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp powdered ginger
- 1/2 tsp lemon peel
- 1/4 cup white grape juice, divided
- 2 and 1/4 cups frozen strawberries, divided
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, water, ginger and lemon peel.
- Bring to a boil, stirring and cook until the sugar has dissolved. Let cool.
- Place 2 cups of the fresh berries, 1/3 cup of the sugar syrup and 2 tbs of the juice in a blender.
- Blend until thoroughly pureed, adding a bit more juice if needed.
- Scrape down the sides of the blender at least once during the process.
- Add 2 cups of the frozen strawberries and pulse into the mix, scraping and stirring as necessary.
- The resulting texture is going to depend on the strawberries and the heat of the day and other factors, so take a look at how thick the mixture is.
- Add more frozen berries to get it thicker or more fresh berries and a bit more juice or water if you need more liquid.
- Continue pulsing and stirring until thoroughly combined and pureed.
- Taste the mix and add more or the sugar syrup if you’d like it sweeter.
- Serve immediately or freeze for a bit to get the ice more firm.