Turkish Lamb Pocket Sandwich
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 pita rolls
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 large ripe tomato, chopped
- shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- juice of 1-2 lemons
- In a frying pan add the olive and using heat, add the onions, garlic and ground lamb. Saute until the lamb is browned and the onions are softened.
- Season with cinnamon, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Remove the lamb from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- Lightly toast the pita rolls in a medium hot oven for about 4-5 minutes.
- Make a pocket in the pita rolls and add 1/4 of the lamb mixture into each roll.
- Top with lettuce tomatoes.
- Season the lettuce and tomatoes with a little more salt and pepper.
- Squeeze some lemon juice into each pocket, then top with a dollop of yogurt.