- 3 tbs olive oil
- 3 large onions, diced
- 3/4 cup cashew butter (sold beside peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 and 1/2 cups water
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
This is a unconventional delicious gravy, that works well with chicken, meat loaf or pork.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook until caramel in color, stirring occasionally. About 20 minutes.
- As the onions become darker, stir more frequently.
- Add the cashew butter, soy sauce, water, salt and pepper, and cook until heated through. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Place in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.