Hawaiian Vegetables with Ham
- 1 (8 oz) pineapple chunks in unsweetened juice
- 8 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper and cut into strips
- 1 small red bell pepper and cut into strips
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet potato, steamed cooked, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbs fresh basil, cut into strips
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 oz cooked ham, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, drained and cut into strips
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Drain pineapple and reserve juice.
- Place a wok or large skillet over low heat.
- Add mushrooms, bell peppers and onion, then sprinkle with a few tbs of pineapple juice.
- Steam-stir until the mushrooms give off some liquid.
- Increase heat to high, then stir fry until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add pineapple, sweet potato, basil, ginger, curry powder ham and water chestnuts.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir fry until ingredients are heated through.
- Serve over cooked rice.