Macademia Nut French Toast
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1 inch slices
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, toasted and chopped
- powdered sugar and ground nutmeg for garnish
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer in a lightly greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Pour egg mixture over bread slices, cover and chill for at least 8 hours, turning bread once.
- Pour butter into a 15 x 10 x 1 inch jelly roll pan and place bread in a single layer.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, then sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Garnish with powdered sugar and nutmeg.