- 2 sirloin steaks, about 1 lb each
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
Cooking steaks in this manner provides incredible tenderness and a wonderful sweet and savory flavor profile.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbs oregano
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- Season steaks on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl combine all marinade ingredients and mix well.
- Add steaks to a shallow baking dish and pour the marinade over.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hour or overnight, turning occasionally.
- You may cook over hot coal to desired doneness or you may cook on a stove top grill pan.