- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 1 can chicken broth
- kosher salt and back pepper to taste
This is a beautiful center piece patter that is perfect for a buffet or small gathering.
- 1 and 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 and 1/4 cups sour cream
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
Salad: (pick and choose)
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 8 oz frozen baby peas, thawed
- 2 cups toasted walnuts (place on a baking sheet and heat in a 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes)
- 1 large tart apple, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped sweet bell pepper
- 1 head escarole to line the serving platter
Garnishes: 1 cup of each, if desired (pick and choose)
- broccoli florets, blanched
- green beans, blanched
- asparagus spears, blanched
- cherry tomatoes
- pineapple chunks
- pear slices
- mango slices
- cantaloupe slices
- sweet paprika
- In a stock pot, combine the chicken, onion, celery, garlic powder, chicken stock, salt, pepper and water to barely cover.
- Cover and poach and simmer for about 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Let cool then refrigerate in the liquid for at least 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and discard the poaching liquid.
- Cut the chicken into small bite sized pieces and pace in a bowl along with the raisins, eggs and peas.
- In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Add half of the dressing to the chicken mixture and stir to combine, then cover and refrigerate.
- Before serving add the nuts, chopped apple, celery and bell pepper, plus the remaining dressing. Mix well.
- Line a bowl with plastic wrap, being sure it extends over the sides.
- Pack the chicken salad firmly into the bowl, then refrigerate for another 2 hours.
- Line a serving platter with escarole.
- Invert the bowl of chicken salad over the middle of the serving platter and you should have a nice rounded mound.
- Arrange as many of the garnishes around the chicken salad as desired.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve.
- French bread rounds, tiny rolls and or crackers are great additions as well.