- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth, divided
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of stewed tomatoes
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
This is an easy to prepare casserole that contains kidney, garbanzo, black beans, brown rice and corn.
- Heat the olive oil in a dutch oven or a large saucepan.
- Add the onion and saute until the onion is soft, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute for another minute or so.
- Add the rice, broth, beans, tomatoes, and jalapenos, then season with salt and pepper.
- If necessary add more stock or water to cover.
- Stir and bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir in the corn and cilantro.
- Taste for seasoning and re-season with salt and pepper if necessary.