- 1/2 lb cream cheese
- 1 and 1/2 cups Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp lemon pepper
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 lb lump crab meat
- french bread, cut into 1 and 1/2 inch cubes
- In a fondue pot set over low heat, combine the cheeses, milk, lemon pepper, salt, pepper and sherry.
- Stir until blended and smooth.
- Add the crab meat and heat, stirring occasionally, for 5-8 minutes, or until bubbly.
- For serving, spear cubes of bread with fondue fork and swirl in a figure 8 motion.
- If fondue thickens on standing, stir in a little additional milk or sherry.
- Serves 8-10.