- 8 lbs lean spare ribs
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tsp garlic salt
- 4 tsp onion salt
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- Cut the spare ribs into two rib sections.
- To make the sauce, blend the remaining ingredients.
- Brush the curved side of the spare ribs with sauce.
- Arrange in a single layer, sauce side down in a shallow baking dish.
- Brush the tops of ribs with sauce, then cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking about one hour more, or until the ribs are tender.
- Brush the ribs several times with the remaining sauce during baking.