- 4 lbs mussels, cleaned
- 4 lbs cherry stone clams, cleaned
- 1/3 cup curly parsley leaves, chopped
- 5-6 cloves garlic, finely minced
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tbs thyme leaves
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
This recipe cooks mussels and clams right on the barbecue grill, then they are bathed in a wonderful dressing of olive oil lemon juice, white wine, garlic, parsley and thyme.
- Start a charcoal fire and when the goals are grey and glowing add some wood chips that have been soaked in water for about 30 minutes.
- Add you mussels and clams directly onto the grill in a single layer and cover the grill.
- As soon as the mussels and clams have opened, remove them from the grill and place them in a large non metal bowl.
- While the shellfish is cooking add the lemon juice, olive oil, white wine and garlic to a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour the dressing over the shellfish, then add the parsley and thyme and mix to combine.
- Serve with crusty bread