- 1 cup oil cured black olives or calamata
- minced garlic 4 cloves
- capers, drained 2 tbs
- thyme 1 tsp fresh or 1/2 tsp dried
- rosemary 1 tsp fresh or 1/2 tsp dried
- garlic 2-3 cloves pressed or minced
- fresh lemon juice 2-3 tsp
- extra virgin olive oil 1/4 cup
- black pepper dash
This tapenade is a staple of southern France and this spread is full of the flavors of cured black olives, capers,anchovies and garlic. It is wonderful spread on toasted baguette slices or on crackers.
- Add all ingredients except for the olive oil to a food processor and pulse till smooth
- With the machine running slowly drizzle in the olive oil in a thin stream until a thick smooth paste is formed. You may not have to use all of the olive oil
- Season with pepper and serve at room temperature.
- Makes about 1 cup.