Breaded Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- Olive oil, just enough to cover the bottom of the pan
- fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Place flour, eggs and bread crumbs into 3 separate shallow bowls.
- Dip cheese slices in flour, then in egg and repeat.
- Coat the cheese with bread crumbs completely.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and fry cheese, turning once until cheese is warm and golden on both sides.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with marinara sauce if desired.