- 2 tbs minced onion
- 1 tbs mustard
- 6 hard cooked eggs, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- chopped sweet gherkin pickles, optional
- sliced green or black olives, optional
- bacon bits, optional
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed, optional
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 tbs finely chopped herbs (thyme, rosemary, oregano, basil) optional
Here are a few ideas to help you spice up your egg salad.
- In a small bowl combine the onion, mustard and mayonnaise. Blend well.
- In a separate medium bowl, place the chopped eggs, celery and any optional additions.
- Add the dressing to the eggs and gently mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.