- 3 shallots, finely minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 stalk lemon grass, minced (white parts only)
- 2 inch piece fresh ginger,grated
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- kosher salt to taste
- 2 tbs fresh celery leaves, chopped, optional
- 1 cup dry white wine
This Asian inspired sauce is wonderful used for boiled shrimp or seafood. It is also great in a craw fish boil.
- In a large pan heat the olive oil over medium high heat until hot, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the shallots and lemon grass and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute, stirring well.
- Add the wine, the grated ginger and a little salt, the turn up the heat to high.
- Reduce the wine to half, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the lemon juice, one tbs of celery leaves, and taste for salt and adjust if desired.