Classic Beef Stroganoff
|2 and 1/2 pounds of chuck roast cut into 1/4 inch pieces|
|1 large clove of garlic minced|
|1 onion diced|
|1 tbs unsalted butter|
|3/4 lb of mushrooms sliced thin (you may use a variety of mushrooms if desired, button, morel, crimini or shitake)|
|3 tbs flour|
|3 tbs ketchup|
|1 and 1/4 cups of beef broth|
|1/2 cup of dry red wine|
|1 cup of sour cream (room temperature)|
|1 pkg egg noodles|
- Slice the beef into 1/4 inch slices. Cut across the grain.
- Melt half the butter in a large skillet over medium heat, add beef and cook until meat is browned.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer meat to a 3 quart casserole dish, Save the drippings in the pan.
- Melt remaining butter in skillet with juices; and mushrooms and onions, and saute until both are soft.
- Stir in broth, wine, ketchup, garlic and flour.
- Bring to a boil and pour over meat.
- Cover casserole dish and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Just before serving slowly stir in sour cream and blend well.
- Serve over noodles.