Double Layered Peach Pecan Pie
|7 large ripe peaches|
|3/4 cup sugar|
|1/2 tsp ground cinnamon|
|1/4 teaspoon ground cloves|
|4 eggs beaten|
|3/4 cup brown sugar packed|
|1/4 cup dark Karo syrup|
|3 tsp butter softened|
|2 tsp vanilla extract|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1 tbs imitation peach syrup or peach Schnapps|
|8 9inch pie crusts|
|1 and 1/2 cups pecans, chopped|
|2 and 1/2 cups pecan halves|
This pie is so good that you will lick your fork and plate when it’s gone! I guarantee that you will beg borrow or steal to get another piece. Recipe is designed for a large gathering. Makes four 9 inch pies.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large sauce pan cook peaches and sugar (no water) over medium heat until they are soft and thick. This will take a little time..If necessary add a little corn starch to thicken..
- Stir in the cinnamon and cloves. Set aside the mixture to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, brown sugar, Karo syrup, butter, vanilla, salt, and peach syrup. Set aside.
- Cover the bottom of four of the pie shells evenly with the chopped pecans.
- Over them spoon enough of the egg/sugar mixture to coat the pecans.
- Place second pie crust over the first. Press the sides and top of the pie crusts together, slightly building up the sides.
- Remove any excess dough and indent edges with your thumb and forefinger.
- Cut several slits into middle of the top pie dough.
- Add the pecan halves and peaches to the remaining egg/sugar mixture and mix well.
- Spoon equal portions onto the top of each pie.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the pies are golden brown. Let cool and serve.