Rib Eye Roast With Horseradish Peppercorn Cream
|1 3 lb rib roast|
|2 tbs creamed horseradish|
|1 tsp Dijon style mustard|
|2 tbs peppercorns cracked(combination black,pink and green)|
|1/2 cup whipping cream|
|kosher salt to taste|
|4 medium onions|
|Parsley sprigs for garnish|
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cream style horseradish, garlic, 3 tsp of racked peppercorns, and the salt; rub mixture onto the meat.
- Place beef roast, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Do not add liquid. Do not cover.
- Insert a meat thermometer into the center of the roast. Roast uncovered, 1 and 1/2 hours or until thermometer registers 135 degrees for rare, 2 to 2 and 1/2 hours or 150 degrees for medium. ( the meat’s temperature will rise about 10 degrees while standing)
- Slice root ends from onion so they will stand upright. Brush onions with olive oil. sprinkle with the remaining salt and black peppercorns.
- Add onions to pan during last the last one hour of roasting.
- Serve with horseradish Peppercorn cream.
- In a chilled mixing bowl beat whipping cream just until soft peaks form.
- Mix horseradish with Dijon mustard.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours to allow flavors to incorporate.
- Bring horseradish cream to room temperature before serving.
- Drape horseradish cream over sliced roast and sprinkle each serving with cracked peppercorn mixture and kosher salt to taste.
- Serve along with the roasted onions. Garnish with fresh parsley.
- You may reserve the meat juices to make a gravy for later use.