Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
|20 mid size fresh button mushrooms|
|olive oil for brushing|
|2 tbs butter|
|1 10 oz package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry|
|1 cup ricotta cheese|
|2 tbs Dijon-style mustard|
|2 tsp fresh marjoram or 1 tsp dried|
|kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste|
Here is a great recipe for entertaining prior to serving a big meal. Savory and delicious with every bite. This recipe uses marjoram, which is a member of the mint family. It is similar to-but lighter in taste than oregano
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove stems from mushrooms down to the center of the mushroom being careful not to break through to the meat. You will have a hollow space that will allow you to stuff the mushroom. Set aside
- In a saute pan melt butter and saute mushroom stems, stirring until juices have cooked down about 4 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook about 4 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spoon spinach mixture into mushroom caps.
- Bake for 15 minutes.