Ten Super Foods For Better Health
We all love food, but we must realize that all food is not good for us. The key approach to healthy eating is moderation. We can eat almost anything if we just use our best judgment and moderate our fats and high calorie foods.. The important thing is that we establish a base line for our every day dietary intake. Here are 10 super healthy foods that we should include in our every day diets.
- Sweet Potatoes A nutritional all star. One of the best vegetables you can eat. They are loaded with carotenoids, vitamin C, potassium, and fiber.
- Grape Tomatoes They’re sweeter and firmer than other tomatoes, and their bite-size shape makes them perfect for snacking, dipping, or salads. they’re packed with vitamin C and vitamin A, and you also get some fiber, some photo chemicals and most importantly some flavor!
- Fat-free(skim) or 1% milk. Excellent source of calcium, vitamins, and protein with little or no artery clogging fat and cholesterol. Try organic valley 1% milk. It is 100% organic and tastes as good and any full fat non organic milk that I have ever tasted.
- Broccoli Lots of vitamin c, carotenoids, and folic acid.
- Wild Salmon The omega-3 fats in fatty fish like wild salmon can help reduce the risk of sudden-death heart attacks. And salmon that is caught wild has fewer PCB contaminants than farmed salmon.
- Crispbreads Whole grain rye crackers are loaded with fiber and often fat-free. Good for you and great for suppressing appetite.
- Brown Rice Enriched white rice is nutritionally weak. You loose the fiber, magnesium, vitamins E and B-6, copper, zinc and photo- chemicals that are in whole grain.
- Citrus Fruits Great tasting and rich in vitamin C, folic acid, and fiber. Perfect for a snack or dessert.
- Butternut Squash Every half cup has 5 grams of fiber and pay loads of vitamins A and C. It is rumored that this vegetable is better than viagra.
- Spinach and Kale Loaded with vitamin C, carotenoids, calcium and fiber. Pare this with butter nut squash and who knows what will happen!
With moderation and good judgment most of the time, you can eat anything you want some of the time.