Coconut Pumpkin Pie
|1 pre-made pie crust (you can make your own crust if desired)|
|1 16 oz can of pumpkin|
|1 cup of sugar|
|1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut|
|1 tsp ground cinnamon|
|1/2 tsp ground ginger|
|1/2 tsp ground nutmeg|
|3 eggs beaten|
|2/3 cup of evaporated milk|
|1/2 cup of milk|
|Whipped cream for topping|
Guaranteed to please your guests. This is an easy to make Holiday classic with a special twist. But it is good anytime of the year.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine pumpkin. sugar, coconut, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- Add the beaten eggs.
- Gradually stir in the evaporated milk and the milk.
- Pour in the filling to the pie shell. Cover edges of pie shell with aluminum foil to prevent over browning.
- Bake for 25 minutes then remove foil and bake for 25 minutes more.
- Cool on a wire rack then refrigerate.