Coconut Pumpkin Pie
- 1 pre-made pie crust (you can make your own crust if desired)
- 1 16 oz can of pumpkin
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2/3 cup of evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup of milk
- Whipped cream for topping
Guaranteed to please your guests. This is an easy to make Holiday classic with a special twist. But it is good anytime of the year.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine pumpkin. sugar, coconut, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- Add the beaten eggs.
- Gradually stir in the evaporated milk and the milk.
- Pour in the filling to the pie shell. Cover edges of pie shell with aluminum foil to prevent over browning.
- Bake for 25 minutes then remove foil and bake for 25 minutes more.
- Cool on a wire rack then refrigerate.