Down Home Sweet Potato Pie
|1 frozen pre-made pie crust (or make your own homemade crust)|
|2 pounds of sweet potatoes|
|4 large eggs|
|1/2 cup of sugar|
|1 cup of whipping cream or 1/2 cup of milk and 1/2 cup of heavy cream|
|1/2 stick of unsalted butter|
|4 tsp of fresh lemon juice|
|1 and 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract|
|3/4 tsp cinnamon|
|3/4 tsp ground nutmeg|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
Here is a down home classic. Quick and easy Guaranteed to please your sweet tooth!
- Peel potatoes cut into cubes and bake or boil until soft
- Puree potatoes in a food processor or press through a mesh sieve until smooth.
- Place in a large bowl and whisk in all other ingredients until very smooth.
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour in filling to thawed pie crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 and bake for 20 minutes more.
- Cool completely on a rack.
- Add whipped cream and serve.