Down Home Sweet Potato Pie
- 1 frozen pre-made pie crust (or make your own homemade crust)
- 2 pounds of sweet potatoes
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of whipping cream or 1/2 cup of milk and 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 stick of unsalted butter
- 4 tsp of fresh lemon juice
- 1 and 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp kosher salt
Here is a down home classic. Quick and easy Guaranteed to please your sweet tooth!
- Peel potatoes cut into cubes and bake or boil until soft
- Puree potatoes in a food processor or press through a mesh sieve until smooth.
- Place in a large bowl and whisk in all other ingredients until very smooth.
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour in filling to thawed pie crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 and bake for 20 minutes more.
- Cool completely on a rack.
- Add whipped cream and serve.