Oven Roasted Root Vegetables
|4 medium Yukon gold potatoes peeled and quartered|
|1 medium turnip peeled and quartered and sliced into 1/2 inch thick pieces|
|2 medium carrots peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces|
|1 onion cut peeled and cut into wedges|
|1 red sweet red pepper cut into strips|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|2 tbs chopped fresh basil or 1 tbs dried|
|1 tbs lemon juice|
|4 cloves of garlic minced|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This is a great crowd pleasing healthy side dish that can be prepared start to finish in about an hour.
- In a lightly oiled glass baking dish combine the potatoes, turnips, carrots and onion.
- Combine oil, basil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper and coat vegetables.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven covered for 45 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- Add the red pepper to dish and toss.
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender(stirring occasionally)